Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Removing my 5.0

Old 03-01-2007, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing my 5.0

Hey I'm new to this forum and I was just wandering if anybody might have any pointers on pulling the engine in my 94 4X4 with a 5.0. So far I have had troubles disconnecting what looks to be the main plug to the electronic fuel system on the drivers side fender well. Know any tricks? This plug is being a real pain! I also am replacing this motor with a 90 Crown Vic block & heads, will everything off of the front and top of my motor bolt up?

Last edited by crazyboutf150; 03-01-2007 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Another question
Old 03-26-2007, 06:42 AM

What are you doing with the 5.0? I just bought an 87 with the 300 6 in it that I want to replace.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what is the motor out of the crown vic?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 AM

what they said im confused lol
Old 03-26-2007, 01:01 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyboutf150
Hey I'm new to this forum and I was just wandering if anybody might have any pointers on pulling the engine in my 94 4X4 with a 5.0. So far I have had troubles disconnecting what looks to be the main plug to the electronic fuel system on the drivers side fender well. Know any tricks? This plug is being a real pain! I also am replacing this motor with a 90 Crown Vic block & heads, will everything off of the front and top of my motor bolt up?
No trick to the plugs, prolly some dirt in it. The motor swap is a direct swap, using your intake, oil pan and accs. While the motor is out make sure to replace the timing chain, gears, oil pump, oh yea, you have to use your oil pickup tube. If you are looking for more performance port match the exhaust and intake holes and remove the thermatic "bump" inside the head. you will see it when u look down the ports. I HIGHLY recommend putting on TFS twisted wedge heads and throwing the stock boat anchors away if that is a possibility for you.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by crazyboutf150
Be careful when swapping engines.You need to look under the hood on the radiator support,if it has a yellow decal with revised firing order instructions,then you must either swap the camshaft or swap four of the eight injector connections to correct wrong firing order from the Crown Vic to the f-150.If it does not have the decal,you may be safe.Check the firing order on the dist. cap to be sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing my 5.0