Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Quick header install question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Quick header install question

Was thinking about installing the headers this weekend and after looking at the stock manifolds they use 3 studs on each side to support dipstick and coil bracket on driver side and intake support arm on the passenger side. Are you guys going back with studs in these locations to have attachment points for the brackets or doing something else? Is the support bracket for the intake necessary?
Old 08-13-2015, 02:32 PM

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

Without the support bracket for the intake on there it puts a lot of stress on the upper bolts. I personally always leave it on there. The last time I put a set of header on one of these trucks I cleaned up and reused those 3 bolts. If yours are really rusty you can buy replacements. But I suggest keeping those when switching to headers.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:57 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

U def want to put them back in that's kinda with everything u need to try to leave it the same way it was before u touched it . They put everything were it is for a reason it's a good thing to practice

Quick Reply: Quick header install question