Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Question about air bag alarm????? I think???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about air bag alarm????? I think???

1994 Ford F150 XL, 6 cylinder
Does anyone one know if there is an alarm along with the dash light for the airbags in a 1994 Ford F150?

A while back, the alarm bag light would come on but there was no problem with the airbags, the mechanic I use simply took the light out so that it would not come on, then every once in awhile while driving down the road a beeping alarm will come on, beep 3-4 times, stop and then repeat the beeping alarm, this will happen about three times in a row, then it shuts off. No lights are on in the dash and the truck is running just fine.

I cannot figure out what the beeping alarm is for or why it is going off? Would removing the airbag light cause this?

The alarm sounds like an alarm clock going off.

Any advice would be appreciated a lot.

Gary
Miami Texas
Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Seņor Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

do the cruise control buttons on y our steering wheel work? my airbag light was coming on because the clockspring needed to be replaced. once I did that my cruise control buttons worked and the airbag light went off
Old 02-05-2011, 12:08 AM

Default Alarm question

Yes, the cruise does work, everything works ok, just this darn alarm coming on every so often..

Gary
Miami Texas
Old 02-05-2011, 10:23 AM

Your clock spring has started to go is my guess. Do you recall the code the airbag light was flashing b4 your mech. Friend LOL removed the bulb? I was having simillar issues in my 94 and replacing the clock spring cured it. Search this forum and you will see alot of threads about it.

Last edited by highballit; 02-05-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:38 PM

Replaced my clock spring on mine last week. The symptom was this: No alarms just 3 blinks pause and then 4 blinks....code 34. My horn and cruise were still working however. Now everything is fine. I've been told that either a 32 or 34 code is the clock spring. Also if you're in a situation where the airbag is needed and you have either of these codes...it won't work. Just my opinion. Someone also told me that IF you're airbag doesn't go off and it should have, and they can determine (insurance co.) that you didn't maintain your vehicle properly...they can deny the claim. Don't know if that is actually true or not however.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:31 PM

ok, where is the clock spring at?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:28 PM

under the AB and you gotta pull the steering wheel. It is about a 10 min fix if you get the part and the wheel puller. Piece -o- cake

Quick Reply: Question about air bag alarm????? I think???