Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Project LilFiddy : Coyote Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Project LilFiddy : Coyote Swap

So as the title states I am embarking on the long/expensive journey of stuffing a new Coyote 5.0 engine along with a tko500 or T56 into my new donor vehicle.

96 scsb 2wd 4.9l 5 speed

Plans for now are as follows:
Coyote 5.0 (mustang) with 4.6 motor mounts
Tko500 (Proshifted) or T56
Quicktime bellhousing
RAM Clutch
Interior Upgrade (new carpet, maybe King Ranch seats)
Tasteful sound upgrades
5''/6'' drop (djm dream beams-belltech springs-flipkit & shackles)
C-Notch
13-14 GT500 Wheels
New headlights/tail lights
Matte Grey Paint with satin clearcoat
Keyless entry
Tint

This will be updated as we go. But also wanted to pose a few questions. Anyone ever swapped a mod motor into a 92-96? Anyone know if you can swap over to 5x4.5 lug pattern? (main concern is the front) Maybe ranger rotors? But just unsure about brakes... Please chim in with your comments. I understand this is my first post, ive been a lurker for sometime. Had a 96 scsb 351w swapped some years ago.

Also this will be my second coyote swap, only the first was in my foxbody. I know this platform will pose many more issues but damn itll be worth it and awesome as hell!

-Gregory
Old 08-31-2015, 09:59 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Since you've done the swap on the Mustang, you know how much of a nightmare the wiring will be. Are you doing the stand alone engine control module for the Coyote swap into your truck? Not sure how much can be deleted from the PCM and make it driveable with that gen of truck with the stock mod motor electronics.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Manuellabour247
Since you've done the swap on the Mustang, you know how much of a nightmare the wiring will be. Are you doing the stand alone engine control module for the Coyote swap into your truck? Not sure how much can be deleted from the PCM and make it driveable with that gen of truck with the stock mod motor electronics.
I will be using the frpp control pack. Also going to use my own gauges (autometer). Only thing I will keep factory as far as wiring goes will be headlights, tail lights, etc. We made a custom wiring board for the relays and what not for the foxbody. Plan to do the same here.
The following users liked this post:
Manuellabour247 (08-31-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 10:08 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Cool. I was just wondering since you said the Mustang motor. I saw an article about a company making a stand alone module for the engine. Wasn't sure how many there were out there. I'll definitely be watching this thread. This should translate to most F150's and Ranger's to a degree.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Manuellabour247
Cool. I was just wondering since you said the Mustang motor. I saw an article about a company making a stand alone module for the engine. Wasn't sure how many there were out there. I'll definitely be watching this thread. This should translate to most F150's and Ranger's to a degree.
I believe AEM now makes a stand alone ecu for the coyote. Edelbrock is making one too if I'm not mistaken. Those will be used for so for all out racing. the FRPP kit is nice from my experience.

Unfortunately this build will go slow but it will go! My number one money pit at the moment is my NMRA Coyote Stock foxbody. Next race is in Bowling Green Oct 1st. After that much more progress will happen on the f150. Paint, body, and suspension will be first on the list. Thank you for your interest! Huge learning experience here.
The following users liked this post:
Manuellabour247 (08-31-2015)
Old 09-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Oooo a Custom Title.

Received 108 Likes on 73 Posts

subbed, been planning this as well.

Just the money is too tight for me right now. :/
Old 09-01-2015, 07:04 AM

Heard that! Slowly but surely.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts