Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

problems with clutch???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with clutch???

Hi there. I have a 89' F150 with 5 speed trans. Was just driving down the road one day, and all of a sudden the clutch pedal became rock hard. Had to stomp on it to get it to go down. Then it just stayed down and won't come up. After I got it home I looked under and seen that where the end of the hydraulic clutch line goes into the transmission (slave cylinder) was disconnected. I have no idea what made that happen. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:13 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by scoyhis
Hi there. I have a 89' F150 with 5 speed trans. Was just driving down the road one day, and all of a sudden the clutch pedal became rock hard. Had to stomp on it to get it to go down. Then it just stayed down and won't come up. After I got it home I looked under and seen that where the end of the hydraulic clutch line goes into the transmission (slave cylinder) was disconnected. I have no idea what made that happen. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sounds like the slave cylinder needs to be replaced and the line. I saw somewhere recently a parts house sells the master cyl, slave cyl and the line all in one. Might want to check into that.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. So I pulled the tranny, put in new slave cylinder ($125!!!), used master cylinder and line. Started to bleed the clutch, after a couple of pushes the pedal was hard again. Looked under and yes, the line was disconnected from the slave cylinder again. Won't go back in because metal retaining clip come out with it. I'm out of ideas. Mabey is something wrong with the clutch, or is the whole tranny just junk?

(BTW slave cylinder come with lifetime warranty from autozone.)

Quick Reply: problems with clutch???