Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

problem with 94 f150 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with 94 f150 5.0

Okay guys, my trucks acting really weird and I have no idea what a going on.
Its a 1994 F150 5.0 4x4. Single cab, long box, duel tanks.
About 3 days ago, I went to leave work and it wouldn't start. Just cranked over and over but wouldn't start. I could smell gas really bad. So I figured it somehow flooded itself. So I got a ride home. I came back then next day, hit the key and she fired right up, no problems. Ran fine for the next 3 days. Then today, my girlfriend took it to work, and when she got out, it wouldn't start. Same thing happened. It smelled like gas really bad. Let it sit for 4 hours, went to start it up, started fine, moved about 35 feet and died. Wouldn't start back up. I check spark, I have spark at the plugs and spark at the coil pack. The spark plugs don't look fouled nor were the soaked in gas (like I assumed they would be since I tried starting it numerous times). I didn't check fuel pressure but I pushed in the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and fuel shot out like 6 inches so I assume pressures good? I can hear both fuel pumps kicking in fine. Cap and rotor don't look horrible. Plus I changed the spark plugs and wires about 1 month ago. I ran a KOEO test and the only code I received was 122. From googling it, 122 seems to be TPS sensor voltage low.
I have no idea what's wrong.
Any ideas? And advice would be really helpful. I'm at a loss for what could be wrong. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 62 Likes on 62 Posts

The tps can test out ok but can also be worn out, just replace it. Make sure u put the new 1 on right and clean the tb and iac while u have it off.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Aktech
The tps can test out ok but can also be worn out, just replace it. Make sure u put the new 1 on right and clean the tb and iac while u have it off.
I replaced the tps today. Everything seems to be better. I took it for a test drive, it died once, started right back up and so far is running right, I will keep an eye on it in the next couple of days and keep you informed. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:51 PM

So I've been driving around almost all day today and the only thing I noticed so far is on take off the truck is sluggish. Like it wants to die but once it's over 1000 rpms, it's fine. Any ideas?
Old 08-30-2014, 11:12 PM

Received 62 Likes on 62 Posts

Test map and vac. Reset the computer.

Quick Reply: problem with 94 f150 5.0