Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Power window will not work on drivers side...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window will not work on drivers side...

Hello,

I have an 1990 which I use as a plow truck and the control on the drivers side door will not open or close either of the front windows. The passenger door control opens and close the passenger window correctly. I am pretty green when it comes to electrical...is there a fuse for the control on the drivers door? Would this be a bad switch?

Thanks!

Last edited by MrGraham; 10-24-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: dealing with a bad cold and brain is still foggy
Old 10-22-2009, 10:42 AM
1989 5.0 F150 XLT Lariat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrGraham
Hello,

I have an 1990 which I use as a plow truck and the control on the drivers side door will not open or close either of the front windows. The passenger door control opens and close the passenger window correctly. I am pretty green when it some to electrical...is there a fuse for the control on the drivers door? Would this be a bad switch?

Thanks!
On both sides of the switch are two small holes, use a flat head and carefully pry out the switch and check the wires.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:38 PM

I am assuming you are referring to the actual switch mounted to the door panel...and I will look and update. Thanks!

Last edited by MrGraham; 10-24-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:53 AM

I removed the switch, wiring looks good and there was no noticeable wear or bad connections. I played with the wiring harness...no change, I was placing the switch back into the door and rocked the switch and the drivers side window went up and down although I could not get it to repeat or work again. I am suspecting it must be a connection to the switch..?? Is it connected to the motor in the door is it hard wired? Thanks for any thoughts!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:30 PM
1989 5.0 F150 XLT Lariat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrGraham
I removed the switch, wiring looks good and there was no noticeable wear or bad connections. I played with the wiring harness...no change, I was placing the switch back into the door and rocked the switch and the drivers side window went up and down although I could not get it to repeat or work again. I am suspecting it must be a connection to the switch..?? Is it connected to the motor in the door is it hard wired? Thanks for any thoughts!
I believe it is, its at least easier to get to than the electric door lock.

Quick Reply: Power window will not work on drivers side...