Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Power Window Problems.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power Window Problems.

Hey guys, i am a new member here. I have a 88 f-150 lariat, with a 351 windsor. I was driving today, and went to roll down my driver side winow, and nothing. I am wanting to simply make sure that it is the motor, and not something else. My passenger side still goes down. And when i hit the switch for the driver side, the amp gauge moves like it would normally, showing that current is flowing through, is there something i am missing, or does it look like the motor to you guys too. Thanks for the help.
Oh another question, how exactly do i go about pulling the doorpanel off, it seems to suck. i Took it off kind of today, but i couldn't get down there to pull the handle off, is there a easier way.
Thanks!!!
Steven
Old 03-07-2007, 12:23 AM

hahahaha, Well it randomly started working again, therefore it must be a loose wire or something. Still any suggestions woul dbe great. Thanks guys.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:08 PM

Default If your amp gauge..........

still moves "like normal" when you hit the switch, it is not a loose wire, if that were the case, the amp gauge would not move because there would be no load on the circuit. It probably was stuck internally or in the mechanism. A good bump probably jarred it loose.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:34 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Those windows have the plastic ball "gears" in them. Anyone with an older F150 has had the gears break on them. then the window motor turns but the window dosen't move, hence the amp draw but now window movement. Most autoparts stores have the rebuild kit for them. Sometimes the rebuild kit won't bolt direct onto your motor so you have to take the kit apart and use just the ***** out of it. I have, in an emergency situation, put small nuts, like a bolt and nut, in there and that works too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Window Problems.