Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Performance radius arm bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Mechanicalmike08

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Performance radius arm bushings?

HAs anyone used or have on there truck now the after market polyurathane radius arm bushings? If so do you still use the plastic bushing thats there now, the one thats between the washer and actual bushing or do you just toss it and use the new bushing straight on the washer
Old 11-23-2009, 11:10 AM
rdg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moog bushings

I just replaced the driver's side radius arm bushing with help from my neighbor. I used the Moog bushings K80007. Its not a poly bushing but basically you want to through away all the old stuff and replace it with the new. Why would you want to reuse the old part?
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Mechanicalmike08

No thats not what im asking, when you buy the new performance poly ones they come with just the 2 bushings for each side, and when you replace the old one they have the rear of the bushing covered by another peice before the metal washer, do you need that other peice along with the new bushing still or does the higher performance bushing not need it
Old 11-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi-Rev Motorsports

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts

yes you still need it...

if you havent bught them yet dont get the poly ones...get the MOOG performance Problem Solver kit...it is $45.00 for both sides in one kit...

this is a Urethane/Rubber mixture...much better than both the others...

Poly-Urethane is too hard and tends to eat teh bracket...there is no give to them...and you need a little bit...
Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 AM

Like Dr Bowtie said, if you haven't purchased them yet, get the MOOG K80007 set. I just replaced mine with this exact set and they are great! They are made of TPV which is a cousin of polyurethane so to speak. It's the best of both worlds and they are heat and chemical resistant. Although I did put the passenger side heat sheild on since it was in perfect shape. The set comes with the new plastic/nylon spacer that goes over the metal edge on the back side of the brackets. This protects the forward face of the rear bushings so they do not get cut/damaged by the lip.
As for ride quality and handling......great! No squeeks, not to harsh and very solid. They also make the swaybar bushings for the bar and links in the TPV material and thats next on the list. Links are all the same and the bar to frame bushings are available in 7/8", 1" and 1 1/8" dia. I may be wrong, but most of the f150 4x4's are 7/8" bars from the factory.....at least mine are and the others I've measured.
Just my opinon and experiance, you can't go wrong with MOOG parts for your suspension.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:35 PM
American Pride!!

Im with them^^^^!!! Dont screw around with poly bushings. I did and was very disappointed. They dont come with a new internal bushings and they dont fit very well. I made mine work by reusing the old internal plastic bushing but the poly was so unforgiving the stud on radius arm almost wasnt long enough to make it. Next time I will get the moog's.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Mechanicalmike08

alright sounds good by the way i like your truck swampfishin for only having a body lift and some bigger tires she looks good.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:05 AM
American Pride!!

Originally Posted by Mechanicalmike08
alright sounds good by the way i like your truck swampfishin for only having a body lift and some bigger tires she looks good.
Thanks, shes a work in progress. I like the less space in wheel wells the better look.

Quick Reply: Performance radius arm bushings?