Here is a picture of the truck...
I picked it up for $850. It's a 5.0 auto with 212k miles. Motor runs smooth, good oil pressure. Trans is solid, front end is great. I have had many 5.0 mustangs in the past and alot seems the same. I've done heads cams, sc's, turbos, bolts on's ect in the past.
Issues I'm working on:
1. Heater blower is off or full...read here that I need the resistor..
2. Trans shifting way too soon, and hard to kick down...adjusted the tv cable 2-3 clicks got it perfect!
3. Engine strugglining to make decent power, specially keeping speed over 65.... I think alot of it is the damn 33's, but I put in new plugs and reset the eec and it is doing better. Clutch fan seems to suck the power though.
4. Pulls alot better in the upper rpm's with the front tank vs the rear... Maybe the pump up front is better? Do they have two diffrent pumps?
5. Keeping the water temp up... I know the eec wants the water to a certain temp or it won't switch loops... I got a thermostat but the highest they had was a 192, I thought 210 was oem temp??
6. When I turn the key to "on" and the pump primes, the cel light doesn't come on... I thought they were supposed to light up for a second? Maybe someone disabled it?
7. Stupid steering wheel is woobling like the chick's head on the exorcist. Maybe someone had it off and didn't install it back correctly. The bolt is tight, but what it mounts too isn't. I did this same thing on my dad's caddy once long ago. Anything here that just wears out and is a common problem?
8. Cruise and horn not working. Cruise did on the way home, but isn't now. If I remember the water temp has to be high enough before it will? Or maybe it the loose wobbly steering wheel?
Any help would be great. I think one of the funnest things is getting a car cheap and getting it all running good. I got this primarily for our medium sized dune trips. I have a small beater s-10 that I take if it is me and my son. This f150 will be for a couple more, a couple trikes in the back then a small trailer with 1 or 2 more. The big whole family trips we take the 31' rv (love the good old 460!!!) with a car hauler trailer behind it.