Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Need help finding wiring harness!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding wiring harness!!

I have a '92 150 that currently has the 5.0L in it. i just built a 5.8L for it, but now i need all the parts to make it run correctly in the truck. Research tells me that i need a new computer and wiring harness, but i cant seem to find anyone that makes the correct harness (even painless doesnt carry the right one...) The part #'s of the harness's that i need are F2TZ12A581C and F2TZ12A690AA. If you know anywhere that has them available (new, N.O.S., or refurbished) or if any of you have one lying around in your garage but no longer need (as long as its complete and in good working order) im willing to take it off your hands for a fair price. Also, are there any other potential problems any of you can foresee me facing? Thanks for any help!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Kenosha Cadillac

Have you tried Painless?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Eagle Kammback
Have you tried Painless?
Yea, they were the first place i went to. They have a universal harness, but id rather have the correct one. They said something about making one up for order but all i heard was $$ rushing out of my already thin wallet! Still an option, but like to see if someone already has one.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Kenosha Cadillac

LMC Truck might, I'm not sure, and they might be able to make you one if they don't already
Old 08-01-2007, 08:09 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 92Flareside
I have a '92 150 that currently has the 5.0L in it. i just built a 5.8L for it, but now i need all the parts to make it run correctly in the truck. Research tells me that i need a new computer and wiring harness, but i cant seem to find anyone that makes the correct harness (even painless doesnt carry the right one...) The part #'s of the harness's that i need are F2TZ12A581C and F2TZ12A690AA. If you know anywhere that has them available (new, N.O.S., or refurbished) or if any of you have one lying around in your garage but no longer need (as long as its complete and in good working order) im willing to take it off your hands for a fair price. Also, are there any other potential problems any of you can foresee me facing? Thanks for any help!
Why do you need a new wiring harness and computer??? We have put 351Ws in many 'Stangs with no computer or wiring harness change. You just have to have a bump stick thats the same firing order as the 302 one. I don't think the truck had the HO firing order. Thats what the 351's run stock if I am not mistaken. BTW you only need to post this in one spot. We will find it.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by NGM
Why do you need a new wiring harness and computer??? We have put 351Ws in many 'Stangs with no computer or wiring harness change. You just have to have a bump stick thats the same firing order as the 302 one. I don't think the truck had the HO firing order. Thats what the 351's run stock if I am not mistaken. BTW you only need to post this in one spot. We will find it.
Maybe on a carburated engine, but on the EFI engines the computer is different and the sensors, ect, are located at different points. The two engines have specific harnesses. I originaly thought that the two engines were easily changed out because they are basicaly the same engines, but unfortunatly, from what ive been told recently, is that the electronics are not.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Kenosha Cadillac

just wondering, what is the bore and stroke on the 302 and 351s
Old 08-05-2007, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Eagle Kammback
just wondering, what is the bore and stroke on the 302 and 351s
uh...i believe 302 is 4.000" bore by 3.000" stroke, 351: 4.000" X 3.500"
Old 08-05-2007, 08:14 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 92Flareside
Maybe on a carburated engine, but on the EFI engines the computer is different and the sensors, ect, are located at different points. The two engines have specific harnesses. I originaly thought that the two engines were easily changed out because they are basicaly the same engines, but unfortunatly, from what ive been told recently, is that the electronics are not.
Well damn I guess all the 'Stangs we put 351's in arent running. They are just a figment of my imagination. How are the sensors in diffrent locations when the heads are the same? The oil pans are the same. The intake is slightly wider at the bottom but the upper is the same. You were told wrong..The diffrence is the firing order. You have to have a cam that is the same firing order as the 5.0 that was in there. That way the injectors fore when the intake valve is open and the spark plugs fire when the valves are closed. The brackets for the accs are diffrent due to the wider block. You can use the same accs though. They bolt right up.

Quick Reply: Need help finding wiring harness!!