Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

LMC headlight buzzer

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LMC headlight buzzer

Anybody used it? My 1996 xl 4.9 gives a warning when I turn off the engine, remove the key and open the door. So I often forget about the headlight and the yellow light.
I wondered if this buzzer warns on both headlight and the yellow light, and also if it sounds different from the "open door" sound.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Country Boy

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Why don't you just disconnect the annoying key sensor then? Pull the ignition lock cylinder (5 second job, literally) and you'll see a single wire and contact on the outside of it. Cut the contact off and insulate the end of the wire. Put it back together and you'll never hear the key warning again.

To remove the lock cylinder, grab your keys and a small pick or screwdriver. Put the key in and turn it to the RUN position (the one just before START) then look under the column. You'll see some holes for the screws that hold the trim on, and another hole right under the key cylinder. In that hole you'll see a ball bearing looking thing (use a flashlight), what you want to do is use the pick to push up on that ball bearing then pull the entire key cylinder out with the key still in it. Then you'll see the wire and contact for the key buzzer. To put it back together just line up the key cylinder and push it straight in.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:44 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Or buy a new ignition switch and follow the instructions dixie460 wrote to change it. If you wanted it to tell you you left your keys in there.

Quick Reply: LMC headlight buzzer