Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Just bought a beauty '95 F150! My first truck!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 06:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Just bought a beauty '95 F150! My first truck!

Afternoon All --

Just picked up this '95 XLT. 5.8L v8 automatic. Traveling from Indianapolis to Cincinnati to pick it up was well worth the trip. It spent most of its life in California, away from the Indianapolis hell (snow, ice, salt), and thus is in great shape. The fiberglass bed cover means that the bed is in near perfect condition, and nearly everything works! (with a few exceptions i'm finding out..)

Has 142,000 miles, the interior is in near new condition aside from discoloring on the door panels (where there is synthetic leather?) and on the black door pull/small-window-release.

I grew up in a family with many vehicles, but have never owned anything aside from the average run-of-the-mill saturn. I'm excited to get a few things done and to be a part of the nostalgia! These have always been my favorite trucks produced since the 60's and 70s!

The only issues i've found so far: rear gas tank works fine, but gauge pegs to over-full, and i have 2 trouble codes firing (without CEL):

211 -- PIP crank sensor fault
332 -- EGR valve not opening as expected

The previous owner seems to have taken good care of it as the plugs, cap, distributor, air filter, etc are all new (I was expecting to have to replace everything!)

Old 11-24-2014, 06:35 PM
I

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Good looking truck. Its nice to see that its been taken good care of.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:18 PM
1994 F150 XLT 5.8L 2wd

Received 247 Likes on 237 Posts

Nice, for your pip it's honestly easier to replace the entire distributor than mess around pulling the gear and getting it pressed back in correctly without damaging anything. TIME OUT - Just saw that the distributor is "new", shouldn't have a pip code with a new dist, I would be doing some investigation. EGR is easy enough to replace, no real need to knows about it, just check vac lines for leaks before you go replacing something that may still be working properly.

Plugs, wires, and the basic "tune-up" you'll find most people will remember to do, it's the oddball things like brake fluid and cleaning the ground points (then covering with dielectric grease) that most people forget about.

Is that a short bed? Pic may be tricking me but it looks like it.

If it was well cared for you have a lot of time left in it, mine's currently sitting at 305k miles, original engine and tranny (no rebuilds).
Old 11-24-2014, 08:45 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Nice Truck ! I can tell from the pics it's been taken care of much better than most. Good find.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Drive like you stole it

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Nice truck, keep it out of the salt so it doesn't end up looking like mine!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:08 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

super clean ride. Very lucky find.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Martin

Received 257 Likes on 221 Posts

Nice find. Codes that aren't setting a CEL or causing drivability problems are most likely held in memory. The Egr code would set a CEL for sure if the problem was a current one.
Let's have a look at the interior, it's always nice to see someone find one of these rigs in great shape.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:19 PM

FLTdriver -- The two codes i've mentioned were Continuous codes... so its likely they were just in memory. The truck is in a heated barn at the moment as I finish up exams in graduate school. Will be back on wednesday to take another look. I'll drive it around a bit and see what I can get to pop up...

I think the EGR valve issue may have been an issue at one point, as one of the vacuum hoses (running on passenger side next to battery) seems to have been covered in electrical tape.

I'll post pictures of the interior when I get all the door panels back on here soon (putting in new speakers... 3 of the 4 were blown). Most of it is in great shape.

Did manage to use a 3M headlight kit on headlights and taillights... Results are noticeable, but nothing dramatic. Worth the 12 bucks I'd say.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:42 PM

I put in a lot of work on the truck this weekend:

- New pioneer head unit & Speakers/4Ch Amp (had trouble finding something that would look period-correct, and thus opted for the headunit with the adjustable LEDs to match the green dash lights)
- Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 Series Muffler (sounds excellent!)
- FatMat sound deadening on doors
- New oil, plugs, filters, fluids
- Wash, ultimate compound, polish, and wax for winter protection
- RainX

The door beforehand. Old speakers were blown.

The FatMat is amazing... reduces road noise and the speakers are playing into the low 50hz's by themselves now!

Interior is in great shape.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:49 PM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

looks great

Quick Reply: Just bought a beauty '95 F150! My first truck!