Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Ignition problem (need help)

Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM
94 F150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition problem (need help)

I have a 1994 F150 5.0
Problem is no spark, code 212. So far I have replaced the distributor, cap, rotor, wires, ICM (twice one black one gray) o2 Sensor, thermostat and EGR valve. Looked for broken or shorted wires, tested the coil and cleaned all the connectors. The problem was intermitent but now it won't start at all. qThe proplem seamed to start after a major somke condition comming out of the dash (smelled like burning leaves) not sure it had any connection though. It also seamed to be worse on hot sunny days. I am going back to step one in the Haynes manual and this is my first question. The Section "Module and coil (START) supply voltage" says to insert pins into the red and white module wires, I can't locate these wires??? is it the pcm module the tfi or what? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

Last edited by Tomg; 05-11-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:08 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomg
I have a 1994 F150 5.0
Problem is no spark, code 212. So far I have replaced the distributor, cap, rotor, wires, ICM (twice one black one gray) o2 Sensor, thermostat and EGR valve. Looked for broken or shorted wires, tested the coil and cleaned all the connectors. The problem was intermitent but now it won't start at all. qThe proplem seamed to start after a major somke condition comming out of the dash (smelled like burning leaves) not sure it had any connection though. It also seamed to be worse on hot sunny days. I am going back to step one in the Haynes manual and this is my first question. The Section "Module and coil (START) supply voltage" says to insert pins into the red and white module wires, I can't locate these wires??? is it the pcm module the tfi or what? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom
The TFI. If your TFI module is on the fender well, it should be "black". Check out this link. http://www.scribd.com/doc/13500017/Ford-Bronco2-EECIV The TFI module & PIP sensor within the distributor, share the same power & grounds.

Last edited by ymeski56; 05-11-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by e.mcconkey; 05-13-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: chance of being worng and answer having no revelance whatsoever to help fix problem
Old 05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by e.mcconkey
camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position my guess since you have already replaced the ignition control module
Don't try to help if you don't know what you're talking about. These trucks have neither.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ignition problem (need help)