Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

How to make a flag into headliner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How to make a flag into headliner?

I have a 87 f150 and i have seen people put flags as thier headliners and i was wonderin if anyone had any tips on how to do ir?
Old 02-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Thats wrong....if a flag is done take care of it right...burn it !! Don't hack it up and try to make your truck look cool with it.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Re Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

techrep, he might be talking about using the Dixie flag and not about ol' stars and stripes.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Upper Middle Class

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

This should be self explanatory of how I put the flag up as the headliner
Attached Thumbnails How to make a flag into headliner?-328.jpg   How to make a flag into headliner?-329.jpg  
Old 02-03-2011, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
Thats wrong....if a flag is done take care of it right...burn it !! Don't hack it up and try to make your truck look cool with it.
So burning it is better than giving it a 2nd life? I never understood the sacredness of a mass produced piece of cloth. I understand the symbolism and patriotism but when it boils down to it, there is nothing more special about it than the tshirt I have on today (which just so happens to have the flag printed on it.)

Legally you arent supposed to cut up a flag so my reccomendation would be to get some fabric that is "flag like" or has a patriotic theme to be sure you dont end up in the slammer for butchering a piece of cloth.

http://www.usflag.org/us.code36.html

A buddy of mine took the liner down and stretched a flag around it then used fabric glue to told it in place on the back side so it pulled all nice and tight. If you do it post some pics so we can see your method.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 351Sleeper
I have a 87 f150 and i have seen people put flags as thier headliners and i was wonderin if anyone had any tips on how to do ir?
Good question. I've been wanting to do that myself. Im sure somebody on here has done it.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:02 PM
JUST PINNER!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just took a flag and held it up with bobby pins, then tucked the loose edges underneath. simple
Old 02-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Upper Middle Class

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by conman365
Good question. I've been wanting to do that myself. Im sure somebody on here has done it.
Originally Posted by Therealblinky
i just took a flag and held it up with bobby pins, then tucked the loose edges underneath. simple
Apparently nobody is seeing my pictures???
Old 02-03-2011, 09:23 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

You would do it like installing a regular headliner. take the headliner down If the material on it is ok leave it if it's not remove it.

If it's ok spray it with a coat of headliner glue and the back of the flag with a thin coating of glue so it doesn't bleed through the flag wait until you can touch it without glue sticking to your finger,center the flag and start pressing it to the headliner starting in the center working to the outsides to get it smooth.

If the headliner material is bad or coming loose remove it, glue a thin piece foam to the headliner then glue the flag to the foam or glue the flag straight to the headliner itself.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stars and Stripes

hiredman77

Thats seems to be a clever use of a flag .
Although your comments about flags in general encompasses
The U.S. Flag . I happen to view your profile and noticed your comments to a military poster . You recognized him and thanked him for his service . Which is admirable.
Then stated you could not do what he does .

I'm not trying to pull your strings . We all live under this Flag that has provided
us this free lifestyle . Certain words , phrases along with ideals have over the years, have diminished in their meaning and value . This is also apparent to others in other nations .
Live with passion .
How and for what is for each to decide ...

Quick Reply: How to make a flag into headliner?