Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Help PLEASE. 95 F150 Fuel filter can't be removed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help PLEASE. 95 F150 Fuel filter can't be removed!

I am troubleshooting some driveability problems but right now I need help from someone who knows the trick to getting the fuel filter off the lines in a 1995 F150 XLT with 351.

Feel free to humiliate me. I've been working on cars 40 years and certainly have removed these stupid spring-loaded connectors before. But I've spent 4 hours now on this one and when I got out the hammer I figured I better ask for help first!

Please correct me if I'm wrong:
Fuel line remover tool should be for 5/16 line.
Fuel pressure is relieved by pulling relay, letting truck run till stalls
I have a tool with relatively long spring spreader ends (that is, the tool sticks inside the line end about 3/4 inch)
Procedure is to push tool into line end, then push tool and line together, then the line with tool should come off together (at least after retainer spring clears the bulge in the filter inlet/outlet)

What's the trick here? One of you guys has to know what I'm probably doing wrong. It seems like I can get the tool into the line end, but then can't push or pull the line end off. WD40 didn't help.

Thanks,
Pete
Old 09-22-2015, 04:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well there was no real solution... I am pretty sure that was the original fuel filter from when the truck was new. I just had to force the ends off by prying. The gas that came out of that filter looked like chocolate milk (NOT exaggerating). I think I found a problem. Wish I had time to relocate that filter today, but I don't.

=p
Originally Posted by hoytpr

What's the trick here? One of you guys has to know what I'm probably doing wrong. It seems like I can get the tool into the line end, but then can't push or pull the line end off. WD40 didn't help.

Thanks,
Pete
Old 09-23-2015, 07:44 AM
Bleeds blue

Received 136 Likes on 100 Posts

Gas down the arm into your armpit sucks!
Old 09-23-2015, 06:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sometimes if you spray sum penetrating lube in there and just mess with it with the disconnect tool for a wile it'll eventually come loose.

Quick Reply: Help PLEASE. 95 F150 Fuel filter can't be removed!