Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

heat control?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 heat control?

My fan works fine,but my temp selection control doesnt seem to switch to hto the button turns but no (clunck )like normal when it switches from hot to cold .Is there a lever that i can move and rig to keep the heat on there is one under the dash passenger side and one under the hood but they dont seem to do anything to switch the temp from cold to hot.i think its vacum operated when i took the temp control panel out i didnt see any wires just tubes

Last edited by softtop95ta; 12-17-2007 at 06:41 PM. Reason: specific truck
Old 12-17-2007, 06:30 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

You didn't indicate which of the trucks in your signature has the problem.

The '89 uses a cable for the blending door, as opposed to the vacuum operated actuators for vent, floor, defrost. If you pull the glovebox out completely (it's really easy), it will give you a better look at the HVAC ductwork. The blending door cable will be in there. Hopefully, the cable clips have allowed the cable jacket to work free, and not that the blending door has failed.

Not sure about the '95 - the generations are similar, so I would expect the HVAC stuff to also be similar - don't know about any design changes made.

The lever in the engine compartment is for the recirc function. Not sure which one you saw inside.

Quick Reply: heat control?