Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

heat/ac

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heat/ac

95/150/4.9/xl.My ac stop working won't get cold only hot air. hot air come's out all the time some where in the dashboard there even when the switch is off. sound like someone letting air out of a tire.I'll been reading other posts about heater/ac problems, nothing like mine. Did read something about a blower motor resister coil, am I on the right path ? thanks everyone
Old 09-11-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The blower motor resistor only controls the fan speed. Definitely not the culprit here...

Sounds to me (and I'm no expert) that you have a leak in the a/c system somewhere. I'd probably recommend having a shop take a look, but if you wait a bit, I'm sure someone will have some 'do it yourself' advice.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:21 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Assuming the systems is as I remember, does the AC compressor turn? Need to look at the center of the compressor pulley not the belt turning. If it doesn't turn, locate the AC lines at the firewall. One will go to the receiver dryer and then on to the evaporator in front of the radiator. On top of the receiver dryer is the cycling switch, up plug it and jumper the two contacts in the harness. This should start the compressor if the system is low on freon. If it does, then charge the system. Auto parts will help with the stuff.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:20 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

The hissing you are hearing may be the vacuum for the heater/ac door. It may have come off or developed a leak and is keeping the door at heat.

Quick Reply: heat/ac