Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

fuel pump replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:41 PM
'96 F150XL 4.9LI6/5sp.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump replacement

I am planning on replacing my fuel pump this weekend. I have been reading my repair manual and everything seems easy enough except for the removal of the fuel lines(hairpin clips/duck bill clips). If my truck has hairpin clips the manual states replacement with new clips, where do I get these replacements? If my truck has the duck bill clips the manual states I will need special tooling to remove the fuel lines, where do i get the special removal tool for this clip? I appreciate all the input, I try to have all the information I can obtain before going to a parts store or dealer to keep repeat trips down to a minimum if you know what I mean.Thanks!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GRIPPER
I am planning on replacing my fuel pump this weekend. I have been reading my repair manual and everything seems easy enough except for the removal of the fuel lines(hairpin clips/duck bill clips). If my truck has hairpin clips the manual states replacement with new clips, where do I get these replacements? If my truck has the duck bill clips the manual states I will need special tooling to remove the fuel lines, where do i get the special removal tool for this clip? I appreciate all the input, I try to have all the information I can obtain before going to a parts store or dealer to keep repeat trips down to a minimum if you know what I mean.Thanks!
Should be included with the pump.. If not then the Help section of your local parts house should have them.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 AM
'96 F150XL 4.9LI6/5sp.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the information NGM. I will check the pump for replacements when purchased.

Quick Reply: fuel pump replacement