In another thread, I was asked to do a pictorial on this. So I decided to make sure I could do it first...
Whole process takes 5 minutes (sorry, no pics. my ol' lady said she'd shoot me if I got gas on her camera
1) loosen gas caps
2) on mine, I have a 3 position switch on the tank selector, middle position is no gas, so I sat it there and ran the gas out of the lines for the most part
3) fuel fiter is on the frame rail, drivers side just behind the door
4) put on your big boy britches, and push the front clip off, much easier if you get the long side first then the short side.
5) simply pull the fuel line off *WILL LEAK FUEL, NEED RAGS AND/OR CATCH CONTAINER* And don't get directly up under it.
6) repeat process for the rear clip. It's a booger to get to, between the fuel tank and frame rail but you can maneuver it around with the front hose loose
7) make sure you put the filter in correctly (flow to the front) and reverse the order of removal; rear hose, rear clip, front hose, front clip