Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Floor Shift Problems

Old 01-30-2009, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor Shift Problems

I have a 95 150 long bed 4x4 with the floor shifter. I was using the 4x4 in the snow this winter and went to shift back into 2 wheel and something popped. Now the shifter just floats around in the boot seeming to not be attached to anything. With a little investigation at the oil change shop I noticed that the bracket that it is attached to the trans is broken so the linkage does not move, just kind of flops around. I can replace the part no problem, but I have no I dea what the stupid thing is called or where I would find it, or what I should pay for the little thing. If anyone has any tech photos or breakdowns with a name or part number that would be great. I was also thinking of just taking the thing of and making a new one. The stock one does look kinda chinsy.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Transfer case shift linkage would be a good starting point. The parts guys will let you look at the diagrams. Junk Yard is where I would go first for the part.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe you should simply take it off and take it to the parts store and let them look it up for ya. If it is too high, don't pay, fabricate your own.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Floor Shift Problems