Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

EGR Line

Old 05-21-2008, 06:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default EGR Line

Well, hello all of you Ford guys out there. I have had my 89 f150 302 for over a year now and generally, it has been worth it. Only two major problems I have had so far and one of them has been fixed. The one that I am working on right now is that dreadful EGR setup Ford is known for.

I took the bolts off of the the valve to the intake and what do you know! The valve just plopped into my hand connected to half of the EGR line. The guy before me jerry-rigged a piece of cheap piping in between where the line originally broke off and I suppose it worked for awhile. Now I am stuck with the problem I have all of the parts clean and ready along with a new line, but now I need to get that other half of the line out from the side of the engine. I was told in the garage I work at the only way I can get it off is to heat it but I have no access to a torch. Any ideas from you guys on how to get it out so I can finally have my truck breathing correctly and have some power once again would help out alot!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:19 PM
mmmm.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im confused on what you mean about the line in the side of the engine. do you have a camera?
Old 05-22-2008, 11:54 AM

Sorry, I mean it is located right by the fuel rails on top of the engine (passenger side). It is easily seen once I took off the intake manifold, and from that end of the line it runs up to the EGR valve on the intake manifold. I do not have access to a camera right now but hopefully that gives you a better idea as to where I am talking about.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:37 PM

Nevermind, I kept pounding away with a hammer on a wrench and it finally broke loose No more check engine code and it is running alot smoother, especially after i sprayed a can of throttle body cleaner through to clean out the carbon build up.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:42 PM
mmmm.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet. glad i could help. lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EGR Line