Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

E40d transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E40d transmission issues

So I have a 93 5.0 with an e40d truck has 300k+ miles on her. Transmission was rebuilt I wanna say about 6k ago. The guy who rebuilt it did it for Cheap long as I provided the parts. When I got it back he mentioned the valve bodies weren't perfect but wasn't worth paying the money to replace and said they should last me quite a long while. Well recently my truck would come out of first. Not fully it'll still move just slow so if I put it to second I can get up to speed and then shift back into drive just won't really go if I give it some gas. So a guy I know says it's probably a pressure issue. What do you think. What should I look at?
Old 02-16-2016, 02:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar issue this year with mine too. It acted like it wasnt "Fully" grabbing the gears. Called a few shops and they said it was my pump. But I didnt think it was that because it had no issues prior and it was going into all gears even reverse... sorta... So, I dropped the pan and it turned out that my transmission filter had popped off! Put the filter back on, made a "clip" to hold it in place, and it worked like new again. Stupid simple fix. Might be worth taking a look.

Quick Reply: E40d transmission issues