Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Can't find radio wiring harness help

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find radio wiring harness help

So I have a 1996 ford f150 and long story short I need to find another set of wiring harnesses for my radio cause the ones I had "blew". Apparently I have an aftermarket amp in my truck or something. So I have the standard wiring harness for the ground, battery, dimmers, etc. But my speakers aren't wired separately like they are in every other vehicle iv ever seen the wiring harness for my speakers hooks into a harness that splits into 4 RCA hookups. I CANT FIND THAT HARNESS ANYWHERE. I NEED HELP. I can post pictures of what the wire set up under the dash looks like if need be.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:37 PM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Is the amp still in the truck with the RCA's? Just follow those RCA wires and they will probably lead you to where you need to go.

Usually the amplifier itself is the harness - when you don't have RCA hookups on the back of the deck you would run the speaker wire from the deck to amp, which requires cutting the factory speaker wires, and then installing new wire from the amp to the speakers.

Unless I am misunderstanding.

Quick Reply: Can't find radio wiring harness help