Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

A/C Recharge

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Recharge

Hello, I've got 94 F150 I had to replace my AC compressor now I need to recharge the system. My ?? I've got the recharge cyl. my buddy says it's VERY dangerious. I've never done it before should I take to the shop?
Thanks for any help.'Barry
Old 07-13-2009, 05:28 PM
New-to-me F150 Owner

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...=group_listing

Not dangerous with the proper equipment and understanding.
My stepfather has recently used the kit linked above, with great results. I suggest reading the directions a few times, think out the entire process, and take your time before and while doing it.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out for you.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:11 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

What was the reason the compressor went out? Are there any contaminents still in the system? Does the compressor have the required amount of oil? Do you have the capability to evacuate the system into a vacuum and hold it there to remove any moisture? These are just some things to consider. You saved your money by changing the compressor, I would opt to have the system pulled down and filled by the people that have the equipment.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the help, I'll take it in and have recharged.[quote=Good old Bill;222074]What was the reason the compressor went out? Are there any contaminents still in the system? Does the compressor have the required amount of oil? Do you have the capability to evacuate the system into a vacuum and hold it there to remove any moisture? These are just some things to consider. You saved your money by changing the compressor, I would opt to have the system pulled down and filled by the people that have the equipment.[/quote

Quick Reply: A/C Recharge