Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

brake sticking

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake sticking

My truck seems to have an issue where my front pass. brake is sticking, but it only seems to stick when i first start up the truck after its been parked. If im pulling away from a stop light and the truck has obviously remained running, it does not stick. I've replaced the caliper and brake hose on that side... Now I'm kind of stumped. What would cause one brake to stick only when you first start the truck and get going?? Thanks.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:48 AM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Maybe the hard line is all crapped up inside.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:26 AM
April 2010 TOTM Winner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was going to say Caliper, but you have already replaced that.

Was the Caliper you installed new or used?

During a hard STOP; does the brake pedal pulsate?
If it does, the rotor may be slightly warped.

Warping of the ROTOR can happen if the brakes were used a lot and then driven through a large puddle of rainwater.

or

Like JCMS said; it could be gummed-up in the hard line.

Has the right/passenger side wheel bearings been greased or replaced lately?
The reason I'm asking; if it has, could the wheel bearings have been tighten too tight?
Old 09-26-2010, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had this issue alot

ok i have had many fords in my time so i know what you are going through. i have had this happen before twice. once it was dirt in the porportioning valve(or T valve) that caused the side to not realese all of the pressure right away. second time it was the master cylender. so i would start with the easy of the two the T valve....just undo the hard lines take it out and use compressed air and blow it out. also when i have over hauled all of my brakes i like to undo all of the hard lines and blow them out. yes i have to bleed them all again but piece of mind is better then not knowing if there is trash in the lines. also are any of the hard lines bent or crushed. just a thought let me know if it helps you any. and please come back to f150 forum for any other questions.

Quick Reply: brake sticking