Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

automatic 94' gearshift lever stuck in park

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default automatic 94' gearshift lever stuck in park

I have a automatic 94 that is stuck in park.The car startsfine, but i can't use the gearshift lever is stuck in park.

Need help, please relply

Giuseppe
Old 08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
'96 F150XL 4.9LI6/5sp.

There is the remote possibility that your truck is parked "in a bind" as we say here in the south. If you are parked on a hill etc. sometime the force against the parking mechanism can jam. From my experience do not apply force to the shifter, instead move the truck in the opposite direction of the hill etc. by pulling or pushing ever so slightly with another vehicle and try pulling shifter out of park. Hopefully this will help barring mechanical failure.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:59 PM

Default I had the same problem last year

Mine was parked on a hill facing down with the wheels cut sharp toward the hill. I just cranked it up and worked the steering wheel and shifter for a while and it eventually broke free. I had a buddy that actually jacked his up when his did the same thing as mine just to straighten the wheels (I don't know why that helped) but his was a chevy! haha! Oh by the way, I do have a 1500 Chevy but that's cause I got a deal on it from my brother! FORD 4 LIFE!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Do you have to depress the brake pedal to take out of park?

If so, check all your brake light fuses.

Quick Reply: automatic 94' gearshift lever stuck in park