Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Anyone have a picture of wiper control module for 1995 F150 5.8

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a picture of wiper control module for 1995 F150 5.8

Hey guys need your help, I need someone that can either give me part # for this wiper control module or possible picture of it. I know it's located behind the glove box but I think my truck does not have it. My wipers never worked since I got the truck, not my daily driver so no rush to fix, I recently replaced the wiper motor since it didn't have one so it's brand new, I also replaced the multi function switch since the previous one was out. I have check both relays inside the engine and fuse box both are good. So the only thing left would be this wiper control module or wiper governor as it called that May be the issue. I have checked all over and didn't find anything resembling the pictures I seen online , plus I did notice that there a connector just hanging and it looks like that could be where the wiper module would be. Thanks for all you help.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I only own 87-91 trucks and have worked on all three of them with regards to the wiper delay module. It's called a governor in the schematics. All it is is a box between the switch and the wiring harnesses. It has a relay inside and a circuit board that controls the delay. The trucks with intermittent wipers have a different switch than the trucks without intermittent wipers. It's easy to go from one to the other, you either have a standard switch plugged directly to the wring harness or your wiring harness plugs into the delay box which plugs into the intermittent switch. They are keyed so you cannot mix them.

In my experience when I had a failure (two different trucks) the problem was the wiper switch and not the black box delay module.

You can find parts in junkyards easy around here. Another resource is ebay, they are all over ebay.

If anyone can help the OP with a picture for a 1995 I won't look like an idiot for hijacking the thread. Thanks!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 01:54 AM

Thanks for the info, I have replaced the multi function switch already. Unfortunately ford must have not cared about this part since I own other ford vehicles and this switch seems to go out a lot. After several hours of searching for a resolution I came to the conclusion that this part is missing and from everyone's finding not having this part will render the multi function switch useless.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Oooo a Custom Title.

Received 108 Likes on 73 Posts

Looks like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMP-STANDARD-RY-1541-Relay-Wiper-Motor-Control-Wiper-Relay-/350840991098?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1996%7CModel%3AF-150&hash=item51afc0ad7a&vxp=mtr
It's behind the ABS module so you will have to take that off to see if you have it.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:35 PM
It's a Canadian thing eh!

Received 195 Likes on 188 Posts

To the far left on the picture.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:36 PM

Thanks for all the replies, I wanted to make sure I this was the part before I got it. Thanks again.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:08 PM

Default Is this the same setup for a 1996 F-150? 5.0 2WD

[QUOTE=sylver91;3176301]

To the far left on the picture.

Is this the same setup as a 1996 F-150? 5.0 2WD...I just bought the truck. Previous owner ripped out the original coolant/washer fluid tank and replaced with something else that was strictly for coolant so no washer fluid system to speak of. I am trying to restore to the original setup so I reinstalled the original style tank, installed a new washer fluid motor and had to buy a new plug for the motor but I have no idea where the power wire connects to. I connected the shorter black wire to a ground just above the left side headlamp. I now have this very long red wire that I don’t know what to do with. I need to connect it somehow to the wiper module correct? And I should be looking for a black and white wire? I am not a mechanic or anything even close to. Very little knowledge. Help in layman’s terms would be extremely helpful. I am just lucky enough to know some things. TIA
Old 10-07-2020, 10:23 AM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

If you don't know what you're doing, pay a local pro. Stereo/alarm shops are generally better & cheaper with wiring repairs than mechanics.

If you want specific help, post pics of your truck & its issues. Click this, read the caption, put ALL the truck's details into your signature, and read the link about embedding pics in your posts:

(phone app link)

Quick Reply: Anyone have a picture of wiper control module for 1995 F150 5.8