Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

AIR Pump bracket problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR Pump bracket problem

Hello Everyone,
I recently bought a 1993 F150 XLT 5.0 from a guy (mostly for the fact it was cheap and only had 29K on the eng. & trans.) but he wasn't the most mechanical and I'm struggling to fix all his halfass work. He swapped out the engine (I think it's a '94 but I can't find anywhere its marked) and had the smog pump held on with miscellaneous homemade brackets. One was aluminum and not strong enough to hold the pump in place which made it throw the belt. I took the pulley off and ran a shorter belt so I could drive it but I'm in California so it's got to be smogged. I have no idea what the bracket is supposed to look like and can't seem to find anything online but bypass pulleys. If anyone can post a picture of how it should attach or if there's anyone in the San Francisco/East Bay (Fremont-Newark) area that could help me I would be so grateful.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:08 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Maybe you can zoom in on these and see something. If that doesn't work, I might be able to get you a better picture. And if he swapped in a 94 or later motor, it will have the HO firing order (same as 351). If it's 93 or earlier, it will have the original 302 firing order.

Quick Reply: AIR Pump bracket problem