Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

AC Delete Pully (plug up anything?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AC Delete Pully (plug up anything?)

I just did the AC Delete on my 89 Ford F150 5.8l. When removing the compressor, there are a couple openings left behind. Should I plug those up with anything, or should I remove more than just the compressor?

-Pat
Attached Thumbnails AC Delete Pully (plug up anything?)-ac-opening-cropped.jpg  
Old 09-30-2015, 05:21 PM
I

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default AC Delete Pully (plug up anything?)

When I installed the ac delete pulley on my '90 I removed the entire ac system except for the black cylinder thing, not sure what that is or how to remove it.

Also what hardware did you use to install that? The bolts that came with mine are crap
Old 09-30-2015, 06:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually my local mechanic did it due to the refrigerant disposal, so I'm not sure what type of hardware they put on there.

-Pat
Old 09-30-2015, 09:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when I deleted my a/c compressor, I removed all the lines that ran to it and all things concerning the a/c lines. including the condenser witch is a black cylinder by heater coil box. those lines can stay open they don't effect anything other than the compressor itself I disconnected at the heater coil , it doesn't affect anything other than the a/c.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:58 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by FUfarmtruck
when I deleted my a/c compressor, I removed all the lines that ran to it and all things concerning the a/c lines. including the condenser witch is a black cylinder by heater coil box. those lines can stay open they don't effect anything other than the compressor itself I disconnected at the heater coil , it doesn't affect anything other than the a/c.
Am thinking of doing this as well. I believe I need to take it somewhere to remove and dispose of all the nasty stuff. But besides taking the AC compressor off and adding that AC delete pulley, when you mean "lines that ran to it and all things..." I'm thinking the tube that runs behind the AC, towards the firewall, then towards the passenger side, and into a round tube. Is that cyclinder you are talking about? So you remove that thing completely?

Is it this thing circled below?

Old 10-08-2015, 10:14 AM

I tried to post a photo of my trucks passenger side to give you an idea
Old 10-08-2015, 10:28 AM

that didn't work lol.. if your just concerned about just heat the only hoses you have to worry about is the ones leading away from the thermostat housing going to the heater coil and the wires to the blower the rest well if you go to my profile there should be some engine bay shots to give you an idea. but as far as going to a shop true that's responsible thing to do to get rid of the refrigerant. I cut the line with a sawzaw lol but I knew there wasn't a lot in there as my pump had froze up and usually cuased by no refrigerant in there so I figured couldn't be a lot. and chances are if yours doesn't blow cold now theres not enough in there to be super concerned with an air discharge anyway.. I say cut it and go and save the money for some aftermarket goodies, the 5.0 in the truck platform is highly underated by mainstream. but with very little work to them and you will create a torc monster that will leave chevy dudes scratching there head, first time I blew away a mid 90s 454 ss truck away he was screaming foul saying I was spraying. nope just a small block 302 , no giggle juice as I like were my internals are I don't need to see them to know they are doing lol

Quick Reply: AC Delete Pully (plug up anything?)