Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

92 electrical problems NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 92 electrical problems NEED HELP

my 92 f150 5.0 4x4 is acting up, last week i noticed my backup lights were on when i was driving i removed the bulbs just to keep the cops off of me the instrument panel lights and front running lights come on when i put it in reverse but everything is half lit not full power until I actually turn them on but yesterday i drove home from work everything was fine, left an hour later and with the lights on the left turn signal doesn't work the brake light are lit up all the time and with the lights off the left turn signal works but the instrument panel lights flash with it, im thinking multifunction switch but im at a loss
Old 02-08-2009, 03:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try to add another body grounding wire and see what would change. Sounds like grounding problem.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fast Hampster
Try to add another body grounding wire and see what would change. Sounds like grounding problem.
I'll try the ground wire tomorro but know when the lights are off and i hit my brakes the front running lights and dash lights come on and when my lights are on the trans will not go into warm od I can turn my lights off the trans is fine but turn the lights on no matter what the temp it will go out of warm od and into cold od I
Old 02-13-2009, 09:13 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a ground problem to me, though I am no expert on automotive electrical systems.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:24 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Yes, another vote for ground problem. Not necessarily just the lights ground, it can be any main ground.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:04 PM

alright I have checked all the main grounds I can find but I can't find a couple the list I got off of michell on demand says there one in the right rear of cargo area by lamp another on the right front of engine bay on radiator support another on the lower front left of the motor and one on the left or right front fender apron, if anyone knows exactly were these are that would help but I havn't been able to find them I don't see any loose wires and all the other grounds check out and something else i forgot to tell when the key is off if you turn the light on and hit the left turn signal after a second it will start working, its a lot slower than usual but it works with the key off I'm gonna test the light swith to see if its giving power to something it shouldn't but im starting to get a little pissed off
Old 02-21-2009, 11:26 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

The main dashboard ground is okay?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:16 PM

ALRIGHT got it FIXED, I think there was a bed camper in the truck at some point, there was what looked like a camper plug (no plug though) spliced into the harnes up at the front of the bed with about 3 feet of wire covered with electrical tape and looped at the end, cut the bitch off and it fixed everything. so simple it pisses me off but now i know were all the grounds are for future problems

Quick Reply: 92 electrical problems NEED HELP