Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

89 F150 Clutch Master Cylinder Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 10:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question 89 F150 Clutch Master Cylinder Issue

Hey all, I'm new to the forum so I'm not exactly sure where to post this, but I haven't been able to find anything yet so I figured I'd just post a question. If this has been answered just send a link to the proper post.

So the trouble I'm having is that my clutch master cylinder push rod doesn't meet up with the clutch pedal, it's too short to reach without depressing the pedal first. When I push the pedal in to meet up with the push rod though, the clutch won't engage/disengage properly. Also, when the pedal is fully extended the push rod from two separate brands of master cylinders were pulled out from the master.

I recently replaced the entire pedal bracket thinking that the wear around the clutch pedal was the cause, but still nothing. (Probably good I got a better assembly anyway though.)

I can't think of any reason the truck would be doing this and would greatly appreciate the help!

My truck is an '89 F150 XLT Lariat with the 4.9L, 2WD, if any of this information helps/is necessary. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: 89 F150 Clutch Master Cylinder Issue