Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

4 Wheel Drive won't switch problems

Old 08-14-2008, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Wheel Drive won't switch problems

Hey everyone. I'm new and will hopefully be able to have some input for others when they ask later on. I have a 94 and 99 F-150 and know some about each one.

Right now though my 94 won't go into 4 wheel drive, but the switch is on and says it's in 4 high. I drive it around and the truck is in 2 high but the light constantly says it's in 4 high. The truck isn't engaging in any type of 4 wheel drive but nothing happens when I push the buttons on the dashboard switch. Is this a bad switch in the dash, or a bad motor or switch on the back of the transfer case? Thanks for any help.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:43 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

First off welcome to the site, sounds like you have an interesting problem. Don't have a 4 wheel rig myself to offer up good info. Better people than I will be along. In the mean time, have you checked power at the motor? Better yet, have someone turn the system on and off and feel the motor for life. Hopefully nothing has gone goofy inside and its just an electrical issue. One other thought, the front driveshaft is in place, not missing? Again, welcome and experienced 4 wheelers will be along.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4 Wheel Drive won't switch problems