Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

2 new problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 new problems

My turn signals recently went out. The hazards work, so I checked the fuse. Sure enough, it was blown. Replaced it, and as soon as I turned the key you could hear it pop. Any suggestions?
Next problem - squeaky back wheel. I hit a ginormous pothole that actually moved the whole truck over about 2 feet. Immediately afterwards, got a brand new squeak out of the back. It gets faster as you accelerate, so I'm assuming that it has something to do with the wheel itself. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:35 AM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Turn signals are separate from the hazards with separate fuses. They do share wiring to the lights and since hazards work you can rule out that part. Turn signals share the fuse with reverse lights, so there could be a problem there, but it is probably the turn signal switch. Do you have tilt steering? Wires could be fatigued near the tilt section of the column, but more likely the switch.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:52 AM

Get the tires off the ground and check for play. Probably looking at a wheel bearing. if it was just the rim it would only shake real bad like being out of ballance.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:53 PM

Thanks for the input, I'll get a chance this weekend to look into both.

Quick Reply: 2 new problems