Originally Posted by aliens8mycow
Agreed, also there was a TSB out from ford that dealt with this, there could be a short in the wiring harness that runs under the passenger side motor mount. Fuse E Blown, Short Circuits, Common Locations TSB 95-02-11 for 94-95 Bronco & Trucks; Miesk5 Note; also see TSB 95-5-21 for 92-95 Bronco & F Series Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net
TSB 95-5-21 Fuse "E" Inoperative - ABS Light On - Back-Up Lamps Inoperative - DRLs Inoperative - MIL On - Speedometer Inoperative
ISSUE: On some vehicles the HO2S wires in the 12A690 (subassembly of the 14B060 battery cable) harness may become chafed and the vehicle
could exhibit any one
of the following conditions:
ABS light on
Back-up lamps inoperative
Daytime running lamps inoperative
Trailer battery charge relay inoperative
MIL on, displaying Codes: 172, 173 or 41 for HO2S failure
Inadvertent PCM Self-Test miesk5 Note; I beleive this is causing the grounding issue; I forget the ckt details now but I know da "VIP Data Link" Ckt shares the Ground w/FP Relay (LB/O)
.... here is da VIP... connector pi-out
by ford via Steve93
ACTION: Replace the damaged wire harness and HO2S sensor. Refer to the following procedure for service details.
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Disconnect the solenoid terminal and positive battery cable from the starter.
3. Pull the cable downward to inspect the 12A690 harness for chafing, pinholes, etc. If necessary, remove the convolute and tape from the 12A690 harness located next to the lower RH side engine mount.
4. If the 12A690 harness is damaged, replace the 14B060 assembly (F5TZ-14300-EA) and the HO2S sensor (F4UZ-9F472-A).
5. Inspect Fuse "E" and replace if necessary (D9ZZ-14526-D).
6. Clear all codes stored in memory.
7. Retest and verify the concern has been resolved.
PART NUMBER - PART NAME
D9ZZ-14526-D Fuse - 15 Amp
F5TZ-14300-EA Harness Assembly
F4UZ-9F472-A HO2S Sensor
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: NONE
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
OPERATION - DESCRIPTION - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TIME
950521A - - - - - Replace Harness Assembly, HO2S Sensor And Fuse "E" (If Overloaded) - 0.7 Hr.
Found these issues on several trucks. But get the codes first. Also, one other weird problem I had on my truck was a bad gauge cluster. I f all else fails check the printed circuit on the bad for cracks or shorts