Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

1994 Ford f150 4.9 I6 vacuum help

Old 07-25-2016, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Ford f150 4.9 I6 vacuum help

I replaced the cracked cylinder head in my ford, but I'm the idiot that didn't label each vacuum hose when I took them off. Right now I have the EGR solenoid going to the EGR valve, and the other two solenoids are tee'd together and I have them going to the pcv valve tee. (seems like that's where they go because I can't stretch them to the manifold vacuum tee)

Am I doing this right? Other than that, I have the MAP, fuel pressure regulator, reservoir(looks like a food can), and brake booster all going to the manifold vacuum tee. I'm finishing up the truck tomorrow and I thought I'd ask some more experienced people so I don't run into any surprises if I hooked this up wrong. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-26-2016, 08:22 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Might be a little different on the 4.9 than the 302, but on my 302 I have the following setup:

From the manifold tree, there are 4 smaller lines - one runs directly to MAP sensor, one to the A/C system, one to the fuel pressure regulator, and the last goes to the Vacuum reserve canister. There is also a large brake booster line, and a line that serves the PCV.

There is then another line that runs from the vacuum reserve canister all the way back around to the TAD/TAB/EGR solenoids - I have all three teed off of one line so they all share the same line off of the reserve. The individual solenoids should then have individual lines running to their respective valves.

I've seen some 4.9 setups that have two vacuum reserve canisters, so YMMV.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A little late, but whenever I work on my 94 Flareside I take before pix. This prevents my kraft (kan't remember a flipping thing) infliction messing up my truck.

Late but I hope it helps, Lobo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 Ford f150 4.9 I6 vacuum help