Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

1990 F150 4.9 Rebuild Cab floor repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 F150 4.9 Rebuild Cab floor repair

I'm beginning a rebuild of 1990 F150 XLT Lariat. The frame is shot, so first thing I need to do is replace that. I'm looking to have the rear axle refurbished, the front end and steering system re-built, and having the new frame set on that to swap over. I'm looking to rebuild the transfer case and tranny, and having the motor detailed and set down on the new frame.

I'm not that concerned about the body too too much right now; there is some rust but nothing that major. However, the cab floor is very crunchy and basically gone, including the door thresholds, pans, etc. I've seen where Bronco Graveyard and some other vendors have replacement parts for what looks like the entire bottom of the cab. Does anyone have any experience in replacing these? I know I could get another cab and set it on there, but I'd just as soon keep the one that I have rather than go through all of that hassle. I'm looking for this truck to be my daily driver for another 100,000 miles or so, and want it to be neat enough, but not too concerned with scratches and the such. But I do definitely need the floor to be solid, and have some concerns over the integrity and durability of having this done.

Any advice would help tremendously.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:27 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

I just fixed the floor of my S10 with its hood. Needed a hood anyways so I used the old one to make a new floor.

Quick Reply: 1990 F150 4.9 Rebuild Cab floor repair