You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
wierd! I was kind of having the same issue. I felt a little "lobing" when idling/ really low speeds, and after I used seafoam now its more persistent. it used to come and go when idling, but now its doing it everytime im idling.
someone else fixed their lobing by replacing the map sensor. I don't know if we're having the same issues. but im gunna keep an eye on this thread
I did a little research for you in my book and I found a couple troubleshooting things.
Engine misses at idle speed:
1. Spark plugs worn, fouled or not gapped correctly
2. Fault in fuel or electrical systems
3. faulty spark plug wires
4. vaccuum leaks at intake or hose connections
5. uneven or low cylinder compression
Engine misses throughout driving speed range:
1. fuel filter clogged and/or impurities in fuel system
2. faulty spark plugs or gapped incorrectly
3. fuel/electrical system.
4. incorrect ignition timing
5. cracked distributor cap, disconnected distributor wires, or damaged distributor components.
6. defective spark plug wires
7. faulty emissions system components
8. cylinder compression
9. weak or faulty ignition system
10. vacuum leaks at throttle body/intake/ or vacuum hoses
I hope this helps. hopefully you can check some of the things off the list that can save you some money from having a mechanic do it!!
Bad plugs, dirty IAC.......if you tell us how you ran the Seafoam through the system we can think this through a little better to help you determine your issues. If you dumped it into the tank a good possibility may be the fuel sock or fuel pressure regulator.
Burt- 1989 Ford F250 7.3 NA, Zf, 3.5" Straight Pipe Exhaust, 2001 SuperDuty Axles With 3.73 Gears, 5" Lift Using All Factory Parts, Captain's Chairs, G31 Batteries, NorthStar NS3000 CB With RK56 Mic & 102" SS Whip, Aircraft Landing Lights & 102dB Backup Beeper.